At DaVita UK, we provide dialysis care for over 2,000 patients across 26 clinics in the UK. We’re part of DaVita International who are focused on transforming care and improve quality of life for people receiving dialysis treatment globally. We are an independent nurse-led provider working in partnership with the NHS to deliver the highest level of care in state of the art clinics with the most technologically advanced equipment.
The Senior Staff Nurse is responsible for delivering high standards of holistic care and service to patients, using the nursing model implemented on the unit, by providing safe haemodialysis treatment as per the prescription.
- Deliver a high standard of individualised care whilst promoting patient-focused care.
- Mentor and assist team members.
- Provide safe haemodialysis treatment in line with patient prescription.
- Work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team, and external organisations and hospital trusts.
- Promote and demonstrate effective communication at all times with patients, users and providers to the service.
- Adhere to company procedures, guidelines and policies and assist in implementation and review.
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills relevant to delivering a high standard of care to renal patients.
- Demonstrate a commitment to evidence-based practice and assist in the evaluation of evidence to improve and develop patient care.
- Full NMC registration
- Nursing degree
- Experience in renal nursing advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of current professional nursing issues
- Ability to adapt to changes within the working situation
- Good interpersonal skills, friendly and outgoing, flexible
- Able to work effectively within a team
What We Offer
- Salary between £35,392 to £37,350 per annum, depending upon experience
- Location allowance based on experience and location
- 35 days’ paid leave per annum, including bank holidays
- Monday to Saturday working pattern
- Day shifts only
- Flexible timings
- Flexible contracts
- Full training