At DaVita UK, we provide dialysis care for over 2,000 patients across England & Wales. We’re part of DaVita International who are focused on transforming care and improve quality of life for people receiving dialysis treatment globally. You’ll experience a Community First, Company Second culture when you become part of The Village.
We’re looking for a Marketing & Communications specialist to join our London Head Office Colliers Wood (SW19 2PX).
As the MarComms Specialist, you will have oversight and ownership of DaVita UK’s external and internal communications, with a distinct focus on partnering leadership to drive improved teammate engagement .
This will be a standalone role and report directly to Director of Strategy and business development, were you will have accountability for the broad spectrum of responsibilities coming under the Corporate Affairs banner – including brand management, social media management, as well as ESG and CSR initiatives.
Being the MarComms specialist in DaVita UK, you will be carrying out the following duties generally reflect the expectations of this position; however, these are not exhaustive:
- A critical skill is a thorough understanding of stakeholder relations, and the ability to develop relationships across a broad range of individuals, groups and associations – including patients, physicians, politicians, and others.
- experience in media relations, issues management and crisis communications, as well as the ability to confidently manage agency partnerships to drive results.
- Ideal candidate will be enthusiasm for the multi-faceted function that is corporate affairs, with an ability to think proactively, collaborate effectively, and advise internal clients on complex business issues.
- Willingness to proactively drive progress, show resiliency, and promote a consistent, persistent approach as it relates to teammate engagement is critical.
- This position reports to the Director of Strategy & Business Development with a dotted line, close-working relationship with the Head of Corporate Affairs for DaVita International.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or Professional qualification is beneficial
- Direct experience in healthcare services or life sciences industries is beneficial (but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to handle employee related communications, with the understanding of internal channels and how to motivate an employee base
- Media relations experience, supporting proactive media outreach programs at a senior executive level and supporting on international issues
- Public company experience and familiarity in dealing with confidential/ material information
- Communications campaign experience with focus on leveraging activities to promote a service or enhance a reputation
- Knowledge of digital communications and marketing tools (i.e., social media, web and mobile platforms, data analytics, etc.)
- Ability to develop a brief for external vendors to execute on: for example, graphic design needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to propose effective, innovative and original solutions
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management and decision-making
- Creative, open to new ideas and ability to multi-task effectively
- Live, uphold and model DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfilment and Fun
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Internal Communications – Developing an internal plan and strategic priorities to engage our teammates
- External Communications – managing DaVita UK’s external comms needs, partnering with internal and external partners
- Culture – Lead the creation and execution of DaVita UK’s Village Plan – which sets out how we will continue to nurture our unique culture
- Own and execute the company’s ESG and community activities (CSR)
- Social Media – Drive our social media strategy and execution
- Issues management – Lead the formation and delivery of key messages around planned and unplanned issues impacting the reputation of the business and senior management
- Agility and flexibility to apply business insights and research to communications activities
- Media analysis, monitoring and measurement of relevant company, competitor and industry coverage and activity
- Brand management including liaising with external parties to execute branding needs for new and existing clinics and ensuring all branding aspects of the business are within guidelines
- Manage graphic design needs for the business, which includes briefing and partnering an external graphic design vendor to execute jobs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What can you expect when you join?
- Salary depending upon experience
- Commitment to your training and development
- 35 Days paid leave per years (including bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- A “community first, company second” culture based on Core Values that really matter
- An exciting, collaborative and driven multinational environment
- Live our mission: To be the Provider, Partner, and Employer of Choice
- Dedication, above all, to caring for our patients and teammates