At DaVita UK, we provide dialysis care for over 2,000 patients across England & Wales. We’re part of DaVita International who are focused on transforming care and improve quality of life for people receiving dialysis treatment globally.
We’re looking for a Clinic Manager for our Dialysis Clinic in Mold. In DaVita, we champion a Community First, Company Second culture. As the Clinic Manager, you’ll be integral to promoting this, leading the way, and creating a great place to work for teammates.
As a Clinic Manager, you’ll lead your team of nurses and support staff to deliver a high standard of individualised patient focused care. You’ll coordinate the day-to-day clinical, administrative and operational activities needed.
Being a Clinic Manager is a varied role encompassing all elements of running a clinic. You’ll be responsible for:
· Overall leadership and operations management of the clinic
· Providing a seamless patient journey and an inviting environment for clients through all touch points
· Liaising with external organisations such as NHS Trusts or the CQC with the support of the Regional Manager
· Implementing new processes to drive quality improvements initiative through the clinic
· Onboarding new teammates effectively alongside the wider team
· Develop positive relationships with patients and handling any complaints that may arise
· Ensuring compliance with all relevant clinical, governance and regulatory systems and policies including KLoE
· Maintaining accurate records and timely report submissions
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
· Be a Registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission or willingness to become one
· Have full NMC registration with appropriate nursing qualifications
· Previous clinical leadership experience in an outpatient haemodialysis setting
· Engaging communication skills and a friendly demeanour to successfully connect with a diverse team and patients
· Lead by example style to encourage a value driven culture that brings the best out of everyone
· Proactive and solution orientated approach to changing situations in a clinical environment
· Exceptional organisation skills to manage an array of different tasks associated with running a clinic
· Evidence of Continued Professional Development, ideally in Renal Care
What can you expect when you join?
· Salary depending upon experience
· Monday – Saturday day shifts
· Commitment to your training and development
· 35 Days paid leave per years (including bank holidays)
· Company Pension Scheme
· A “community first, company second” culture based on Core Values that really matter
· An exciting, collaborative and driven multinational environment
· Live our mission: To be the Provider, Partner, and Employer of Choice
· Dedication, above all, to caring for our patients and teammates
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent