At DaVita UK, we provide dialysis care for over 2,000 patients across England & Wales. We’re part of DaVita International who are focused on transforming care and improve quality of life for people receiving dialysis treatment globally. You’ll experience a Community First, Company Second culture when you become part of The Village.
We’re looking for a Field Biomedical Technician (Renal Technician) to support our sites across London South and West. You’ll make sure our patients continue to receive the best care by maintaining and repairing medical equipment in our clinics, mainly dialysis units.
This is full time role but the working hours may vary depending on call outs, so it’s important you have lots of flexibility. You’ll report in to the Technical Services Manager.
Being a Field Biomedical Technician (Renal Technician) in DaVita UK is a key role in providing safe, quality care to our patients. The kind of things you can expect to be doing are:
- Perform modification, repair, and preventative services to ensure the proper functioning of the dialysis equipment
- Provide an on-call service for all users to ensure continuity of patient treatment is maintained
- Follow monitoring & control procedures for the maintenance of equipment to approved standards to ensure patient safety
- Complete all required documentation and service reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Support the acceptance, commissioning, and installation of new equipment along with implementation of technical modifications & upgrades of equipment
- Participate in the purchase and stock control systems for dialysis equipment spare parts so appropriate stock levels are maintained
- Assist the Technical Services Manager in the successful operation of the department and delivery of services as directed
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Relevant qualifications in Medical/Electical Engineering or another related field
- Previous experience maintaining medical equipment and devices
- Experience of Renal/Dialysis equipment is a huge advantage
- Knowledge of regulations in Health & Safety and Medical Devices
- A methodical approach to troubleshooting to quickly diagnose and understand technical faults
- A friendly, personable demeanour when dealing with teammates and patients
- Flexibility to travel and work some unsociable hours
- Clean Driving License
- Live, uphold and model DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfilment and Fun
What can you expect when you join?
- Salary depending upon experience plus an on-call allowance
- Company Car
- Commitment to your training and development
- 35 Days paid leave per years (including bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- A “community first, company second” culture based on Core Values that really matter
- An exciting, collaborative and driven multinational environment
- Live our mission: To be the Provider, Partner, and Employer of Choice
- Dedication, above all, to caring for our patients and teammates
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent